How to make collections have vivid stories through showcases?
Project Briefing and Building Overview: The Australian Museum is a museum located in Sydney, Australia's largest city. It is Australia's oldest museum and is internationally known mainly for its natural history and anthropology. In total, Australian museum collections contain more than 21 million objects, including cultural materials and taxidermy, fossils and minerals, which represent an accessible part of our world. Our vision is to be a leading voice for the richness of life, planet and culture in Australia and the Pacific. We are committed to changing the conversation about climate change, the environment and wildlife conservation; becoming a strong advocate for Aboriginal cultures; and continuing to develop world-leading science, collections, exhibitions and education programs.
Museum showcases are not only containers for cultural relics, but also a window connecting the past and the present. Through carefully designed showcases, DG allows historical culture to be vividly presented, continued and inherited in front of the audience, and at the same time it displays the changes and evolution of culture, allowing the audience to deeply experience the flow of history and the charm of culture. Here’s how you can use showcases to tell a vivid story about your collection:
1. Restore the scene and relive the historical scene. The showcase design can be restored through scenarios, taking the audience back to a certain scene in history. Through the exquisite layout, props and background, the audience seems to travel through time and be in the past life. For example, through a simulated ancient market scene, the audience can feel the lifestyle, communication methods and object culture of the ancient people at that time, thereby gaining a deeper understanding of history.
2. Comparative display shows cultural evolution. Showcases can cleverly compare and display cultural relics from different historical periods. By displaying items from different periods side by side, the audience can intuitively see the changes and evolution of culture at different stages. This contrast not only allows the audience to understand historical changes, but also helps them understand the values and social changes behind the culture.
3. Story narration and inheritance of historical legends. Showcase design can convey the story behind history to the audience through narrative techniques. Each artifact has a unique story, which can be a historical event, a legendary figure, or a piece of folklore. Through the cultural relics in the showcases, the audience can follow the clues of the story and feel the touching emotions and far-reaching influence of history.
4. Multimedia integration, communication across time and space. Showcase design can incorporate multimedia technology to present the inheritance and changes of historical culture more vividly. Through touch screens, videos, audios, etc., audiences can deeply understand the stories behind cultural relics, appreciate historical images, feel the integration of music and art, and achieve leap-forward interaction with history.
5. Special display to highlight the essence of culture.Showcase design can particularly highlight a certain historical period or cultural aspect, thereby in-depth displaying the essence of the culture. For example, a special showcase can focus on displaying art works, handicrafts or cultural relics of a specific theme in a certain historical period, allowing the audience to have a deeper understanding of the connotation and value of the culture.
Through ingenious design, the showcase has become a storytelling, interactive and emotional medium, vividly showing the continuation and changes of history and culture in front of the audience. The audience can not only appreciate the beautiful cultural relics, but also deeply feel the flow of history, the evolution of culture and the inheritance of human wisdom. The design of the showcase is not only a display, but also a thought-provoking journey through time. At DG Display Showcase, we uphold the craftsmanship of excellence and insist on customer demand as the guide to provide customers with high-quality showcase products and services.
Get In Touch With Us
The first thing we do is meeting with our clients and talk through their goals on a future project.
During this meeting, feel free to communicate your ideas and ask lots of questions.